Are you planning to undergo aesthetic treatment in Singapore? It is a life-changing moment that will give you long-lasting results, especially if you choose the right cosmetic procedure to alter your appearance. Besides getting a significant overhaul in terms of facial or bodily appearance, your self-esteem will improve.
The world is progressing, with more people becoming more accepting of plastic surgery and aesthetic treatment. Even though medical aesthetic treatments are still taboo in many places around the world, they are considered normal, especially in Asian countries like Korea and Thailand.
The only problem is that there are possible side effects of undergoing aesthetic procedures, but these usually occur if you have an under-qualified doctor running the operation. For that reason, choosing the right doctor is vital for your health if you wish to go through medical aesthetic treatments.
However, there are more aspects of medical aesthetic services that you need to consider, not just the risks and possible side effects. Another thing to be aware of is the amount of preparation before undergoing surgery or treatment.
Knowing the pros and cons of medical aesthetic treatments will help you choose the ideal procedure for the best results. Also, your health is on the line since some aesthetic procedures require intense safety preparations days or weeks before undergoing treatment.
RISK PREVENTION: AESTHETIC SURGERY AND TREATMENT
First and foremost, medical aesthetic treatments and surgeries are mostly low-risk, thanks to technological advancements and the amount of training required to perform such procedures. There is nothing to worry about if you wish to get a facelift or botox treatment in Singapore.
However, the risks and side effects associated with medical aesthetic services are due to the lack of preparation on the patient’s part, combined with the doctor’s lack of training. Fortunately, most dermatologists and plastic surgeons have enough training and experience in providing cosmetic surgery and treatment, so your chances of going through a botched operation.
Also, you can opt for non-invasive medical aesthetic treatments if you want to avoid actual surgery. The results of non-invasive cosmetic treatments are just as good as (if not better than) plastic surgery, so consider opting for this type of procedure for long-lasting results minus the risks.
Nonetheless, safety measures are critical for taking care of both your health and appearance before undergoing medical aesthetic treatments, non-invasive or not. You need to take care of your skin to avoid any unnecessary risks of getting treated with botox or dermal fillers in Singapore.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR AESTHETIC SURGERY OR TREATMENT?
Preparing for medical aesthetic services is quite simple. All you need to do is to consult a qualified surgeon with experience and training, and he or she shall tell you everything you need to know about preparing for treatment or surgery.
Your doctor will provide you with a set of instructions that should help you prepare for your aesthetic treatment in Singapore. Following these instructions is crucial for your health, as failure to do so could leave temporary or even permanent results on your body or face, depending on the selected procedure.
Preparation for medical aesthetic treatments is a must for patients. You need to follow your doctor’s orders if you want to get the best-looking results and achieve a 100% successful operation.
Most preparation guidelines depend on your selected aesthetic treatment, but there are some general practices that you can follow to ensure your safety. Let’s take a look at some of these guidelines so you can avoid compromising your surgery or treatment.
- If you are taking any medications, tell your doctor to find out whether or not it will affect your aesthetic treatment or surgery.
- Asking a friend or relative to assist you after the procedure is advisable. Some medical aesthetic treatments require the patient to rest overnight, which is why you may need someone to help you after the operation.
- Consult your doctor regarding any prohibited foods or drinks. Your doctor may require you to avoid eating or drinking hours before the aesthetic treatment or surgery will take place.
- Avoid smoking as it can cause major complications to your aesthetic treatment or surgery, especially after the operation takes place. Cigarette smoking will affect your lungs, which can complicate your recovery phase after the procedure.
- Applying any cream or lotion is not advisable. Your skincare products may contain ingredients that can affect your aesthetic treatment and put yourself at risk.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, tell your doctor right away. It may be the deciding factor regarding whether or not you are qualified for aesthetic treatment or surgery, so consult your doctor as soon as possible.
POST-PROCEDURE MEASURES: WHAT TO DO AFTER THE OPERATION?
Preparing for your aesthetic treatment or surgery is the easiest part of the experience. What comes next is the challenge of having to follow another set of instructions to ensure the results of the procedure are long-lasting.
After going through invasive or non-invasive aesthetic treatment, your doctor will instruct you to follow several guidelines. Here are some of the things you may need to do after undergoing the operation.
- Most invasive medical aesthetic treatments require the patient to stay at the hospital or clinic overnight. Doing so is crucial for your health as the doctor will evaluate the results and discover whether or not you are ready to go home.
- Your doctor may prescribe you with medication to ease any possible side effects that could cause slight discomfort.
- You may have to avoid eating and drinking specific foods or beverages. Consult your doctor if you are required to do so.
YOUR SAFETY MATTERS THE MOST
Undergoing medical aesthetic treatments is 100% safe, as long as you are in the professional hands of a certified doctor. Follow your doctor’s instructions at all costs to make sure your procedure will go according to plan.
For more tips and information regarding medical aesthetic treatments, consult a doctor at Thomson Wellth Clinic. Visit this website to know how you can undergo safe and reliable cosmetic procedures.